The Interfaith Liaison Committee (ILC) to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change is pleased to invite you to a webinar addressing Faith Perspectives on Climate Justice that will take place in two sessions to accommodate various time zones.
The first webinar will be held via Zoom on Wednesday 11 May, 09:00 am – 10:30 am CEST (4:00 pm – 5:30 pm AEST – Sydney, Melbourne time) and the second one the same day from 16:00 pm – 17:30 pm CEST.
The second webinar will have a simultaneous interpretation into Spanish (Se proveera traduccion simultaneal al Español). These webinars are informed by the inclusion of justice as a core quality of climate action in the IPCC’s new report (Working Group 2 – vulnerability, adaptation). Speakers will reflect on the IPCC report focus on the justice aspect of climate change and the urgency needed to avoid the worst case scenarios of temperature rise must not preclude the need for justice.
The speakers will be:
Part 1 – Climate Justice: How faiths can guide us to a just transition?
Moderator: Valeriane Bernard
- Philip Huggins, Director of the Centre for Ecumenical Studies, Australian Centre for Christianity and Culture, and Sarwat Tasneem – “Prayers and meditations”
- Prof. Dr. Cornelia Füllkrug-Weitzel, the ACT Alliance High Level Climate Justice Ambassador – Focusing on the role of faith actors from a Christian perspective
- Shahin Ashraf, the Head of Global Advocacy for Islamic Relief Worldwide – Focusing on the role of faith actors from an Islamic perspective
- Svitlana Romanko, Zero Fossil Fuels Campaign Manager of the Laudato Si Movement Laudato Si Movement – Focusing on the Ukraine crisis and the trickledown effect to climate-related discussions
- Louis J Kotzeì, Research Professor of Law, North-West University, South Africa, and Marie Curie Research Fellow, University of Lincoln, UK – Legal perspective on justice issues in climate policy and action
Part 2 – Bringing voices from interfaith climate movement to the decision makers
Moderator: Lindsey Fielder
- Michelle Schwarz, Youth Representative at the Lutheran World Federation – Germany
- Patricia Mungcal, Education and Training Officer at National Council of Churches in The Philippines and Youth Representative at ACT Alliance
- Vincent Yu, G77 negotiator
Part 3 – Contemplative moment
- Alexandra Masako Goossens-Ishii, Soka Gakkai International (SGI)
Part 4 – Interactive conversation with the panelists
Moderator: Henrik Grape
Please register and encourage others to register in advance for this webinar at: https://lutheranworld-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_MR55jpiRRMazRuKE29pWdQ
Invitation: ILC Webinar on Climate Justice Wednesday 11 May – 2 sessions
Session #1: 9:00 am to 10:30 am CEST (4:00 pm – 5:30 pm AEST – Sydney, Melbourne time) | Registration link: https://bit.ly/3LooT3L
Session #2: 16:00 pm to 17:30 pm CEST | Registration link: https://bit.ly/3vPqLw3